Tuesday, April 3, 2007

2 weeks post Op!!!

Well it's almost 2 weeks post op. Just a couple of hours off!! I have felt rather tired the last few days and a bit worse for wear than I have been feeling. I am still hurting a little. It could be because I have been picking baby up and I am feeling the twinges more. It's not painful, but more annoying than anything. i feel fine, but my body isn't co-operating!!

I have had a couple of Non Scale Victories (NSV's) this week. Firstly my rings are just slipping off my fingers. So I have to be careful not to flick my hands or they'll just fall right off!! The second one is I went and saw mum and dad today and mum said she can see that I have lost weight in my face but also my bum. She said a few weeks ago that's the first place that she'll notice is the bum. I still can't see that I have lost weight. i think it's because I look at myself in the mirror everyday and I just look the same. I am itching to jump on the scales at the doctors on the 24th though!! I have promised myself I am not going to jump on any scales until then!! I can feel that I am losing cm's. I can feel my clothes becoming looser. When I start back up with my PT I'll ask my trainer what my centimeters were before as she took them all. Will be very interesting to see!!

I had my first piece of food get 'stuck' yesterday. It wasn't as big as deal as I thought it was going to be. It was my own fault for not chewing enough though!! I had a sharp pain to the left side, but I remember what Brian said at our Perth get together and just take a deep breath, so I did, and it quickly passed. So i am making sure I really mush my food up again!! LOL it was still quite mushy what I had, but not blended as well as what i have been!!

My stomach has been rumbling heaps lately. Not because if it's hungry or what!! I get it early in the morning these loud and long rumblings. It sounds quite funny actually. But the strange thing is, I'm not overly hungry.

2 comments:

Janet McKinney said...

Heidi

I am watching your progress with delight. You seem to be on a relatively normal path, just be aware that soon you may feel as though you don't have a band there at all - and you are eating too much. That is how it is before you need a fill.

Everything will come right in the end - I have had fills for 3 weeks now, and I have lost more than 4 kg in that time.

Hang in there, and don't forget to ask for help if you have any questions.

Janet McKinney

LapBandGirl said...

Hey Heidi,

I get those tummy rumbles too.. they never go away, it's the lower part of your tummy.. it will never be full. It's a strange feeling, because you still feel hungry, even when the band has made you full. It's weird, but it works!

Keep up the great work girl!

Erika xx