Monday, April 2, 2007

12 Days Post OP!!!

I have pretty much graduated from liquids to mushies, although I still prefer to go a soup if i can't be bothered mushing anything up!! I still have plenty of cup-a-soups left over in the cupboard!!

We had the Perth get together on Saturday night and I met some other wonderful bandits and their partners. It was great to heard of their experiences and success with the bands. It was a great evening, although there wasn't much on the menu for us mushie bandits. I ended up having the curry laksa soup. it was very spicy. I think I managed to eat about a cup, although it didn't even look like I had put a dent in the plate it was that huge!! I had a little bit of cheesecake for dessert. Just the middle cream cheese bit. I think I only ended up having about 3 - 4 mouthfuls and that was enough!! But apart from the food, we all had a great night!!

Yesterday was DH's dads birthday. We had lunch at the Blue Water Grill. Again, no soups on the menu, but they did have fish and mashed potato. I asked the waitress if she could blend the fish and some veggies for me. They were very accommodating and I had a meal just for me that looked like a meal that they serve everyday!! How spoilt was I?? Even though I asked for Entree size, there was no way I ate through all of it. Xander ended up finishing the fish and potato. I think he enjoyed that more than his nuggets and chips!!

Health wise I am back to my good old self. I almost have no pain now. I still feel a tad of discomfort in bed when I am rolling over, but when you are half asleep you don't really pay that much attention to it. I have been doing a bit of walking. Nothing to much at this stage, but am just really getting ready for when I am. I am hoping next week to hit the gym and ease back into my routine and then start my personal training again soon after.

All my bowels are back to normal now and I am back to being my normal regular self. I am still taking my Metamucil everyday though along with Berocca Performance for those extra vitamins and minerals.

My war wounds are healing up nicely. I don't think they will be at all that noticeable. Dr Watson did a great job and they look nothing more than a small graze. I am very impressed. I was expecting these huge big scars.

No comments: