Saturday, March 31, 2007

10 days post Op!!

Well i think i am pretty much back to my normal self, apart from a few twinges around the port site here and there. I find bending over it still a bit restricting, but I'll get there. I am tossing up whether I should go the the gym or not. The NOT is looking like the winner at the moment!!

Last night we took the kids into Freo to have dinner and play some games at Timezone. We went to one of the restaurants on the strip, and the first thing I asked was "what's the soup of the day". The response I got was, we don't have any soup today!! Oh OK then. So I looked over the menu and though well if I can't have soup I'll try and have something mushy and really soft and easy to chew and break down. After all, I have been mixing in mushy things with my soup and am not completely just on liquids now. So I picked the beef ravioli. I did pick the main as I knew all the kids would eat it as and of course I was right!! Xander ended up having the most, and the other two had two helpings each and I think i has left with less than half and Entree sized meal. I was being very careful making sure that I was cutting the ravioli in half and then chew, chew chewing it as much as I could into tiny little pieces and trying so hard to resist the water on the table in front of me. DH and the kids also ordered a pizza, but that took a while to come out.

So all in all, I think I did pretty well with the ravioli last night. I didn't get an major sharp pains or anything like that. I think maybe I overate a bit as I was feeling pretty full and uncomfortable. I didn't even eat all on my plate. There were 3 left over!!!

So after dinner, we went and played games in timezone for about an hour and the kids went and had gelato. I had a little bit. I was feeling very full and didn't want to burst my bubble. Xander of course had the rest and enjoyed in greatly!! We did a fair bit of walking, the most I have done since having the band put in. It felt good, apart from the shoes I was wearing!! I could of done better in that department.

I had a great nights sleep last night. I slept right through until early hours of the morning. I was imagining I'd be in chronic pain from overeating!! hahaha

No comments: