Monday, March 12, 2007

9 Sleeps to Go!!

Well there's no turning back now. I got a call from the anaesthetist's office today, confirming my surgery for the 21st March. so i am all booked in and on his schedule now. It really is happening. It's quite scary actually. I have to be at the hospital at 11am for admission and my surgery isn't until mid afternoon!! I can't believe I have to wait most of the day!! I'll be so nervous and just want it over and done with...... but they are making me wait!! So not fair!! I haven't heard from Dr Watson yet!! I thought I might have received some paperwork or something by now. oh well, he's obviously very busy and I am just impatient!!

Today had been a great day on the Optifast. I didn't feel hungry at all today. I need to remember to drink more though. I have been a bit slack with keeping up with my water requirements. Normally I am pretty good, but I forgot my water bottle today and I don't like to drink too much before going to bed otherwise I'll be up and down like a yo-yo all night to the toilet.

I had the weirdest dream last night, or should i say in the early hours of the morning. It was quite funny actually. I was dreaming that I was dropping my weight. Just little bits of me falling off. I think the dream comes about from a recent trip I took to the Chemist where I saw a Xenical display and they had 1 kilo of fat sitting on the table. I think it was made out of silicone of something. So in my dream, these bits of fat were just falling off. It really got me thinking though when I did wake up, where does the weight go? I mean one minute it's there and then you lose 2 - 3 kilo's. So where has it "gone"? I know that it gets burnt up in energy and that we excrete it, but you put all this weight on, and then when you lose it, it just like, vanishes!! It really has me intrigued actually. Especially when you compare it to a kilo of fat or a kilo of sugar or something in a physical form.

The one thing that has me worried is the skin. When I do eventually lose my weight, how much saggy skin am i going to have? I am going to do my best by keeping up at the gym and with my personal training to try and not have it happen, but it's something that I always think about. I know I am going to have that flabby tummy overhang, but I am worried about my arms and thighs. Hopefully i can tone them right up as I am losing the weight. if not a bit of lipo can fix that!! hahahaha DH has said to me when I do reach goal wight I can have a tummy tuck!! So that is my big goal and incentive to lose this weight!! Maybe I can do a bit of lipo as the same time as well?? hehehe I've been told by a few people that because I am still youngish, my skin 'should' spring back. So I hope they are right!!

I guess the best thing I am looking forwards to, apart from being a smaller me, is the shopping!! Oh how I can't wait until I can go into 'skinny' clothes shops and buy clothes and bra's and underwear!! I can't wait!! Not being able to buy something and having to try it on first. Can you see that i am jumping up and down with excitement here??

No comments: