Saturday, March 17, 2007

6 and 5 sleeps to Go!!

Well yesterday was a busy day. I had my pre-admission appointment at 9am at the hospital, so i decided I would go earlier and have my blood tests done as well. 9 vials of blood later and 1 on ice, I think I had no blood left in my system. My veins were playing hide and seek and didn't really want to participate, but with a little encouragement and help from the nurse, we managed to find a good one that supplied her with lots of blood!! As soon as I was done there, I took the back corridors through the hospital (yes I do know my way around the hospital very well) and took myself to the main entrance for my pre-admission. I went straight in. It was just more routine questions they ask you like if you smoke, have any medical problems etc etc. i got measures up for some sexy stockings and she weighed me. I was keen to be weighed as I wanted to see how well the Optifast was doing. I had lost 3.7 kilo's since last Tuesday!!! WOO HOOO!!! I was really happy with that!! I hope they weigh me again before I have my band done so i can get all the figures and add them all in so i can keep a good record of everything.

I had finished up with the nurse and I had to go back to the other side of the hospital to hand my consent form in to Dr Watson. So it's all happening now. Everything has been paid for so all I have to do now is turn up on the day!!

Last night we had dinner out as it was hubby's little brothers 21st birthday. I think I did pretty well and was very pleased with myself. I didn't have any garlic bread of bruchetta's. Instead I ordered a bowl of minestrone soup and a scotch fillet steak and salad and I even told them no fries. So that's my last 'eating out' meal before the big day. It's Optifast all the way no until Wednesday morning.

I decided to buy the Optifast bars on Thursday and give them a go and I have to say that I much prefer the bars to the shakes now. I actually find them more satisfying and keep the hunger pains away for longer, so I'm not rummaging through the cupboards trying to be naughty!! I haven't tried the soups in the Optifast range. only in the Tony Ferguson. I think after the op I will do 2 TF or Optifast meals a day when I am back on solids and then do my main meal as something a bit nicer.

Tonight we have my brother in laws 21st birthday do at their house. It will just be water for me and salad. I'll make sure I take an Optifast bar for dinner. I only have 4 more sleeps until the big day now!!

No comments: