Tuesday, March 27, 2007

6 days post op and slowly getting there!!!

Today I have felt pretty good. Still a bit sore, but not as much pulling and hurting from around the port site as there was yesterday. I didn't get a wink of sleep last night. I have no idea why, but I was just restless and I lay there with my eyes closed, but never went into any kind of deep sleep. I just kept opening my eyes every now and then. Probably the fact that i couldn't get comfortable might of had something to do with it as well. Hopefully tonight I'll sleep better. i am really tired at the moment, so lets hope so!!

I spent most of the morning at my mother in laws curled up on the lounge dozing in and out of consciousness!! She was taking care of Xander and then she had to go out for lunch, so she took him with her. I decided to then go home and take it easy. the house looks like a bomb hit it today. I really did not feel up to do anything. I was so drained and tired. I wish the magic vacuum fairies and mop fairies would come and clean for me!! that's all that needs to be done, oh and the washing to be folded and put away.

I am still eating / drinking clear fluids and mixing a little mushies in there. Not much, but a little. i don't seem to be having any problems with eating or drinking at all, which is great. I am loving my jellies.

I am still waiting for a bowel movement. I can feel it getting closer LOL, so hopefully tomorrow I'll have one. i have been keeping up with my Metamucil and vitamins.

Well that's about it for today. Not much to report. I'm getting boring now!! LOL

1 comment:

LapBandGirl said...

Hey Heidi,

I found that for the first month my sleep wasn't all that great (I'm a tummy sleeper). Every time I went to move It felt like my port was ripping from my stomach wall and I had to be reaaaaaaally careful.

Can you believe it's already been a whole week since the surgery? How did you go on the scales???

Erika xx