Saturday, March 10, 2007

11 Sleeps to Go!!

Today I have been practicing my slow eating and chewing. I guess when you eat, you never really think about how many times you chew and don't realise how fast you actually eat. But Dr Watson told me to start chewing as if I had the Lapband already. I should be chewing between 23 - 30 times. Boy does this really slow your eating down. Great exercise for your jaw though!! I remember my dad always telling me you should chew your food 22 times (or something like that) and now, I really have to put it in practice!! But really, have you ever sat there and counted how many times you chew your food??

The Optifast is going OK!! yeah, just OK. I went back to my old habit of skipping breakfast this morning!! I know, I know!! It's the worse thing I can do. And yes, I did tell myself off for it. My eldest son had a friend sleep over last night and I treated them for breakfast. I was so proud of myself. (This is where the missed breakfast comes into it). I got all the kids hotcakes and myself an orange juice. I had planned to have the Optifast when I got back home, but it never happened. I made it for lunch though!!

I did a good workout today!! Cleaning the house. Vacuuming and mopping all the floors. Gee it's a real workout. And hanging the washing out and bringing it in. While I was outside, hanging the washing out, I noticed we had a step all along the garden bed. So I thought to myself this would be great to do morning step up and downs. It's the perfect height. So I did a few there. I didn't last very long though as the step down was hurting my ankle. (I hurt this ankle back in January. Lets just say I had a disagreement with my bicylce, and it's still not right!!).

I am only doing the 2 meal replacements a day. No way could I survive on all 3. So I had a nice dinner of salmon and salad with lots of chewing and counting!! I have gone off all alcohol and I was so tempted by a nice red tonight, but it wasn't as tempting as a skinnier me!!!

No comments: