Monday, March 26, 2007

4 days post Op!!

I am starting to sleep better, but trying to turn over and change positions during the night still hurts like hell!! I have put it down to a fine art now though. If I want to change sides, i have so sit up first and then change to the other side. Maybe in a few more days I'll be able to do just the normal rolling over thing. My tummy is very sore and tender still. I think the sorest part is when the port site is. Although I can't be 100% sure it's there, I think that's where it is. I'm not game enough to press down hard on it just yet. Coughing is a real killer. I have this horrible tickle in my throat (probably the side affects from the anaesthetic) which is making me cough. I can't even try and stop myself from coughing. Even holding my wounds doesn't help!!

I haven't had any pain killers today, as I have run out, so it's just been normal pandaol, hence why I feel so sore today!! Maybe I'll ask the doctor this afternoon if I can get some more strong drugs!! I have to see the Doctor this afternoon as I am getting my staples out. YAY!! I can take those ugly white patches of my stomach!!

I spent most of the day on a lounge somewhere laying down. I did brave it for an hour or so to do a little bit of food shopping with mother in law. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it did take allot out of me. The walking itself felt good and didn't bother me, it was just the soreness and energy that it drained out of me.

I'm still having liquids, although I did try some blended lasagna last night as the soup just didn't seem to feel me up at dinner time. I think I had about 5 or 6 teaspoon fulls and I was full. I didn't seem to have any problems with it. I just took it nice and slowly and still chewed it, even though it was already baby mush!! I did think for a while that I may have over eaten, as I just felt full and really blah. no pain or anything coming back to haunt me, just uncomfortable feeling.

I've really noticed on how much I have slowed down on drinking. Everything is just little sips. I have heard storied where people can't drink like they used to, especially out of their water bottles at the gym. So I'm not really game enough to try more than little sips at the moment. It makes it hard when you are having your Metamucil and it tells you to drink rapidly. By the time I am finishing off the last 3 or 4 mouthfuls, it has gone really thick, so I have to add a bit more water. I still have allot to learn and allot to learn from!!

1 comment:

LapBandGirl said...

Great to see how well you are doing Heidi! It just gets better from here :)

Erika xx