Monday, March 26, 2007

5 days post Op!!

WOO HOOO!! I got more drugs!! hahahaha I had my staples out today and everything is healing nicely. It's a little bit itchy but the Doctor said that's a good thing as it means it's healing. He was very surprised to see me doing as well as I am 5 days after the operation. I am my GP's first lapband patient. Feel honoured now I do!!

I have gone for some thicker soups today. I did really well last night with my mushy lasagna. Had no problems with that at all. mind you, it was well mushed!! I enjoyed some lovely home made pumpkin soup today. I also had some nice creamy honey porridge for breakfast. I still can't believe the small portions I am eating and it's making me full. i still have the 'eyes bigger then the belly' syndrome though. I'm not used to only having half a cup or less. I absolutely struggled to get through the porridge this morning. I only ended up eating half and it's a really small portion packet size already!! I had my first coffee today since before the Optifast stage. I wasn't craving one at all, just felt like something different from tea. I'm not a big coffee drinker anyways. I can go without it for weeks or have one or two a day for weeks and then nothing.

I bummed around for most of the day today. Still am pretty sore. I did a little bit of work in the business, but sitting at the computer is not that comfortable at the moment. I have this dreaded cough that is really driving me insane. It's from the tube the stick down your throat during the operation. they must have scraped the back of my throat, because it's all dry and scratchy and is really ticking me off!!

My bruises on my arms from the needles and drips are taking their sweet time to go away. People must think I am a drug addict!! LOL!! Wrong places I have been told. They don't look very pretty at all. And no, hubby didn't do them!! LOL

I am still waiting for my first bowel motion. The doctor said it should be too far away and I'm doing all he right things like moving around heaps, drinking lots and taking Metamucil. He said I should expect one really soon though. Anaesthetic does that to people he said, plus I'm not putting much into my system, so it doesn't have much to break down either.

I've had a few people comment about my face not looking at full as it used to. So I guess that's a good thing. I can feel my wedding and engagement rings getting looser and looser, so I know I must be losing weight!!

2 comments:

Janet McKinney said...

Hello Heidi

You sound like you are doing perfectly well. It was a few weeks before I got over the incredible weakness and tiredness when walking around. I think it is the anesthetic that does it.

It does feel funny only being able to eat a very small amount. That will settle soon, and you will be hungry again. You will probably hate it. But hold in there, it gets better when you get the fills in.

All the best

Janet McKinney

LapBandGirl said...

Hey Heidi,

I didn't have my first BM for about a week after the surgery.. but I was farting heaps! hehe.

Once your band settles into place, you won't even know you have one, and you'll be able to eat pretty much how you were eating before the band - once you get your fills, that's when the *fun* starts! :)

Yeah, I had the same problem with my chest also. I couldn't breath deeply for about a week after the surgery and couldn't cough even though I wanted to! It was murder! Good luck with that!

Erika xx