Friday, March 9, 2007

12 Sleeps to Go!!

Today is day 3 of the Optifast / TF program!! I have ran out of the TF so am now using what I have left of the Optifast from previous attempts!! I much prefer the TF!! Adding ice to the Optifast doesn't make it too bad, but you would have thought they could make some more flavours!!

As the big day draws nearer, I find myself doing more and more research and spending time reading the yahoo message boards. There are so many wonderful and inspirational people out there. i commend each and everyone of these people for the weightloss they have achieved!! And I know if they can get through it, then I can do this!! I do have my doubts from time to time. Am I doing the right thing? Should I give WW another go before I really commit? I have all these thoughts running through my head. Am I insane?? What if it doesn't work? Will I be stuck eating like a bird for the rest of my life? All these questions I have!! But reading the yahoo message boards puts my mind at ease as I realise I am not the only person that has the questions and thoughts. So it is a huge relief to know that i do have the support and encouragement from others!! Even though I have never met them, but we will or are going to share the same journey.

My whole family is being very supportive of my decision, which i think has made it easier to 'prepare' myself. I have sent off all the links to my mum, so she can have a look at what is involved. So that way she has an idea whats going on and how I might be feeling.

I guess unless people have been overweight and obese, they don't really know what you are going through. You get som many comments saying, oh it's not that hard to lose weight. They wouldn't have a clue. they don't have to 'watch their weight'. They already have the nice size 10 or 12. I know what 'skinny' people think. "Oh she just eats too much" or "She must eat so much junk food" or "She doesn't exercise". But that's just not true at all. I eat all the right foods, but like my mum said to me once, "It's not that I eat the wrong foods, I just eat to much of the right foods" which is true. It's not like I sit on the lounge all day and stuff my face either. i run a business from home, do all the household duties as well as attend to my 19 month old son. I have my 3 meals a day and I am not much of a snacker at all. We have the takeaway maybe once a fortnight and I normally go the healthy option.

I am starting to map out a plan of attack once I am 'banded'. I know there will be recovery time and soreness, but I want to at least get back to my exercise and start up my personal training again not long afterwards. i know I will only be on light duties to start with, but I want to make every attempt at doing the right thing from the word go!! I am determined to be a skinny me for my 30th birthday on the 10th January 2008!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hi Heidi
I wanted to wish you good luck on your up and coming banding operation. You couldn't have chosen a better surgeon than the wonderful Stephen Watson. I frequent the yahoo boards often (I am berecca_2000) and if you need a chat or two you can get my via msn on riddlequeen@msn.com (or email there). It's the best decision we can make in our lives.
Bec xxx (my website is http://bandit.wetpaint.com)

LapBandGirl said...

Hey Heidi,

Just popped in to say Hi and GOOD LUCK for your surgery. I will be following you closely and have put your blog link up on my blog so I can check up on you from time to time. Can't wait to see you shrink!

Erika xx (lapbandgirl_aus)