Sunday, March 18, 2007

4 and 3 sleeps to Go!!!

It's certainly creeping up now. not long to go and the waiting is driving me crazy, especially since I don't have to be at the hospital until 11am with a mid afternoon surgery!! Why can't I just be first on the list??

I am starting to despise the Optifast bars now. I am so over the taste and the texture of them. I just want some real food!! It's so mean when the family are having party pies and sausage rolls for dinner and that's all I can smell through the house. And the worst part is when I have to break little Xander's food ups. Oh how I miss real solid food right now!! But I am staying strong and haven't given in to temptation. No matter how good it smells, losing weight is more satisfying and important!!

Hubby has been reading all the literature from the doctor and various other sites I have downloaded and printed stuff from. He's been fantastic and telling me off if I am not chewing enough or taking too big a bites. he's even told me off for drinking with my meals!! That's such a hard one to over come!! I keep telling him to leave me alone and let me enjoy it while I can. But he's right, I should be breaking my old habits now!!

We did the grocery shopping on Saturday and I have been stocking up on things I will need for after the surgery. I bought quite a few packets of cup a soups. the 99% and 98% fat free ones of course. I bought more peppermint tea and some other different flavoured teas. I got some new toiletries for the hospital and some other bits and pieces I thought might come in handy.

1 comment:

LapBandGirl said...

Not long to go now... hang in there. I was first on the op list for the day... it's actually better that you're going in the afternoon, cos you'll be groggy and be able to sleep the night. I slept the whole day and couldn't sleep during the night.

Not long now!!!
Erika xx