Friday, March 23, 2007

2 days post Op!!

Today I feel as though I have been been 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and he won!! I am feeling so sore and stiff today. I hardly got any sleep at all last night. I didn't end up actually settling down to sleep until about midnight and by then I couldn't get comfortable. I tossed and turned for the next few hours. Well I didn't really toss and turn, but more like carefully moved and changed positions. by about 2.30am I had given up and took my pillow and retreated to the lounge room to the recliner chairs. This gave me a little more comfort, but not much more. I dozed on and off until about 7am. I was flicking the foxtel channels and found a couple of good movies to doze to.

Today i have been walking and moving around as much as I can to try and get that wind moving. I have chewed on a couple of the de-gas tablets but I am still waiting for a miracle fart to arrive. I think once I have a half decent fart I will feel normal again. It's just so uncomfortable.

Food wise i have been very satisfied with my vegetable and beef broth. I don't think i could really settle for anything more right now. I had some diet jelly today which was nice on my throat. I have been a bit croaky and horse, which is probably from the tubes I had down there.

I have felt pretty tired today. My wounds are a bit sore, but not extremely painful. I have kept on top of the pain killers and panadol today. I've had the heat pack out as well which has been a nice instant relief on my tummy area. I haven't felt much nauseous today, which is good. i still have to take anti-reflux tablets and the anti nauseous tablets for the next 7 days or until I feel i don't need them anymore.

I made my appointment with my GP for Monday afternoon at 2.15pm to have my staples removed. Hopefully this won't hurt too much!! I have to ring up and make my 3 appointments with Dr Watson. I have to have one at 1 month after surgery, 2 months and then at 3 months. I should go and do that right now while I remember!!

No comments: