Thursday, March 29, 2007

8 days post Op!!

YAY!!!! I did a poo!!! hahahaha!! I did one yesterday and i did one today!! WOO HOOO!! I know that might be too much information, but I feel great now!! Yes I was a little constipated, but hopefully with taking the Metamucil it will settle down really soon.

So far everything has been a dream with the band. I haven't had any problems with anything yet. I had a little solids yesterday of some fish and I just made sure I chewed, chewed and chewed. I am still having the soups, but not clear ones anymore. I am liking the pumpkin and potato and leek soups. I can feel that I am needing the mushies now as I am getting hungry allot quicker between meals. I am really only having 3 meals a day with no snacking in between. For breakfast I am alternating between the optifast shake and porridge. For lunch I normally have a cuppa soup and for dinner it's another soup. I am having the lots a noodle soups and they are doing quite well and are filling enough. I am finding each day I am eating that little bit more, so I think by the time I am due to see Dr Watson on the 24th April, I'll be ready for my first fill.

Yesterday and today I have felt really good in myself. I managed to spend most of the day working on my business without any problems and not feeling exhausted and tired. By the end of the day though I was ready for bed. But I'm not feeling sore anymore, unless I cough hard or sneeze. I don't really 'notice' the band otherwise. I just feel like my normal self, I don't really feel any different, apart from when I am eating. I can see that my stretch marks around my stomach are not red anymore. they are white now and fading, so I guess thats a good sign that I must have started the shrinking process.

I am looking forwards to hitting the gym again. I am thinking of going next week to just do some treadmill and bike exercise. I think I'll leave the weights for a couple of more weeks, or at least until I have seen Dr Watson and got the all clear. I'm not sure whether I should invest in a set of scales, or just rely on Dr Watson's or the gyms. I want to make sure that I use the same scales for my weigh ins all the time. So that way at least I know they are reliable. I did some walking around the shops yesterday and today and it felt really good. it will be interesting to see how much weight I have lost when I see Dr Watson. I don't think I am going to weigh myself before then. Still debating that one out in my head.

I can't wait until the 'bandit' meet at Burswood on Saturday night. It's going to be great to meet other bandits and share our stories. I have so much to learn and experience still and I am really looking forwards to it!!

No comments: