Wednesday, March 14, 2007

7 Sleeps to Go!!

Eeeeeeek!!! I got all the paperwork and the formalities for the surgery today. I don't think it had really hit me until I started reading through everything. No one told me about blood tests!! I have a pathology form in with all the paperwork to have my blood taken!! And it's not for 2 or 3 things, I can count 14 different tests on there!! Eeeek is an understatement!! And I have to fast for 8 - 10 hours, so lets hope they aren't super busy.

So I've signed my consent form to have the procedure, so now I have to send it back to Dr Watson. It really puts things into perspective and gives you a real wake up call when they put things in the paper work like death and significant complications may arise. Don't even want to think about those or even go there with any of them!! Let's hope everyone is having a good day next Wednesday!!

I have my pre-admission with the hospital at 9am on Friday, so I thought I would go and do everything else then. Blood tests, hand the forms in to Dr Watson and give the hospital their admission form. Saves me trying to do it later and I am there anyways!!

It's all becoming so real now and yes, I am getting a little nervous. I really have no idea really what to expect or even how I should be feeling afterwards. i have only heard it from other peoples experiences and we all experience and go through things differently. But I guess everyone gets nervous and edgy right before a 'planned' surgery. I know I have had a few unplanned surgeries, but you don't get time to think about them or absorb any of it because before you know it. it's over and done with. But when you have a couple of weeks to prepare and stew about it, it really does play on your mind. I am sure everything will be fine though and I have every little bit of faith in my surgical team. I guess Wednesday is the best day to have an op as there minds are with the job. on Mondays and Tuesday everyone is normally recovering from the weekend and on Thursdays and Fridays everyone is planning and concentrating on the upcoming weekend!! hehehe Just a little joke I remember from way back :))

1 comment:

LapBandGirl said...

How exciting Heidi! not long to go now. I had to have all those blood tests you were talking about and they filled up 8 tubes. My vein collapsed half way through, so they had to switch arms. I was not happy!!

Don't treat this last week as "last meal" sydrome. You will be able to eat everything you ate before, just less of it. Keep up with the optifast and count down the days!

Erika xx