Thursday, March 8, 2007

13 Sleeps to go

On Tuesday 6th March 2007, I made the decision to be banded. After struggling with my weight for the last 12 - 13 years, I have decided enough is enough. My weight started to pile on when I was put onto epilepsy medication. I couldn't understand why I was putting on all this weight. I think the doctors failed to tell me this side effect. I was only on them for about a year or two, but all the damage had already been done.

I have tried everything from Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Optifast, Tony Ferguson and even dieting by myself. I can lose the first 3 - 4 and sometimes even up to 6 kilo's, but can never get past that stage. it's so frustrating, especially when i am so determined and have been going hard yakka at the gym since New Years.

I had my appointment with the fantastic Dr Stephen Watson on Tuesday. I had my mother in law come along with me for some moral support as well as looking after two of the kids. We discussed my history and my previous weight loss attempts. We discussed in detail what was involved about the lapband. how they would do the procedure, what I would feel like afterwards and I even got to see a little video of them actually doing the operation. It was a bit terrifying, but also at the same time it was exciting as this would close one chapter of my life and open a completely new one.

Today, Thursday, is my second day on the 2 week Optifast program before the surgery. Instead of the Optifast, i am doing the Tony Ferguson. I just can't stomach the Optifast. I have the shake for breakfast and then the soup for lunch, i find that the soup is a little more satisfying than the shake. for dinner I have been having a salad with a small piece of chicken or red meat. the first few days of the program are hard. you have to deal with the fuzzy and light headiness from the lack of carbs and I have been very moody. But it's only for 2 weeks!!

No comments: