Tuesday, March 13, 2007

8 Sleeps to Go!!

I felt like a bit of a change today and coloured my hair a really dark / red brown. it's about 5 or 6 shades darken than I already was. I thought that I want to 'freshen' myself up before I had my surgery. I'm going to go and get my haircut this week and get my eyebrows waxed and tinted. Nothing like out with the old and in with the new!!

Today I felt pretty good, although coming towards the end of the day I am feeling really tired and ready to crash. must be the lack of carbs in my system!! I've got so much work done today, so I can go and enjoy myself out at lunch tomorrow without having to worry about coming back to piles and pile of work. I'm not sure how recovery will affect me doing my business. Hopefully I'll be abler to sit at my computer for short periods to at least answer emails and do quotes. I'll have a little bit of work to get on with when I come home, but not much. I have given myself a little bit of breathing space. Hubby is going to take a few days off work after my surgery and then he's going to take a week off over school holidays, which will be a great help.

I don't have a set of scales at home, so I can't weigh myself to see how I've been going on the Optifast and TF. I'll just have to wait until I go to the gym or got to MIL's and use hers!! I think I have dropped a kilo or two. My pants have become a little looser than what they were. Which is a good thing I guess. Too bad that we all do the Optifast 2 weeks prior to being banded. i was sitting here today thinking about a 'last supper'. I am sure there have been a few people that have gone on a huge binge right before being banded. I don't blame them if they have!! I don't think I will be though. i have been so good and to muck it all up now would just mean I have given in to temptation!! Not me!!!

Speaking of the gym, I haven't been for nearly 2 weeks and feel so bad because I haven't. Yes I have been slack and haven't organised creche, but when I think about it, it's too late and I know how fast the creche books up. I actually miss the gym and my personal training sessions I was having. I was going so well. my ankle is starting to feel better so i think the rest has done it the world of good. So maybe it wasn't a bad thing having a couple of weeks off.

No comments: